Sunday, February 10, 2008

Connections to home



This week I wanted to do connections that I have to home. But I didn't want to use the normal avenues like computers and cell phones. It was interesting to find how much I really did have that reminded me of home. Every two weeks or so my aunt sends me one of her home made cards with an update on the kids and everything that's been happening. The other picture is of a book on my bed. During the summer my sister and I read books aloud together so this years since I wouldn't be around during the school year she bought two copies of a book and we read it at the same time. When I go home we will talk about it together since we couldn't read it together.

2 comments:

Anita Opazo said...

Jess...thanks so much for showing yourself through your images and being so honeset about your struggles. I can really see your deep love and the loss you feel by not being at home through these photos. I wish other students struggling could see your images and be encouraged to work through their homesickness and to think about the good things.

Erica Bader said...

hmm.. I like the images and the idea behind them but I feel like it might get a little lost. The first one looks a little bit commercial because of how nicely everything is spread out. The focal point on the second picture is a little unclear but it does feel homey.